Official Contest Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at any of the Cumulus Media Inc. radio markets (each a “Market” and collectively “Cumulus”) listed below during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to any Market’s address.
Ann Arbor: 1100 Victors Way, Suite100, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Appleton-Oshkosh: 491 South Washburn, Suite 400, Oshkosh, WI 54904
Bangor: 49 Acme Road, Brewer, ME 04412
Battle Creek/Kalamazoo: 4154 Jennings Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Bismarck: 1830 North 11th Street, Bismarck, ND 58501
Bridgeport: 2 Lafayette Square, Bridgeport, CT 06604
Cedar Rapids: 425 2nd Street SE, 4th Floor, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Cincinnati: 4805 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati, OH 45212
Columbia: 503 Old Highway 63 North, Columbia, MO 65202
Danbury: 1004 Federal Road, Brookfield, CT 06804
Fayetteville, AR: 4209 Frontage Road, Fayetteville, AR 72703
Flint: 6317 Taylor Drive, Flint, MI 48507
Grand Junction: 315 Kennedy Avenue, Grand Junction, CO 81501
Green Bay: 810 Victoria Street, Green Bay, WI 54302
Indianapolis: 6810 North Shadeland Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46220
Kansas City: 5800 Foxridge Blvd., Suite 600, Mission, KS 66202
Poughkeepsie: 2 Pendell Road, Poughkeepsie, NY 12602
Rochester: 122 4th Street SW, Rochester, MN 55902
Rockford: 3901 Brendenwood Road, Rockford, IL 61107
Sioux Falls: 5100 S. Tennis Lane, Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Toledo: 3225 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614
Topeka: 825 S. Kansas Avenue, Suite 100, Topeka, KS 66612
Westchester: 365 Secor Road, Hartsdale, NY 10530
Youngstown: 4040 Simon Road, Youngstown, OH 44512
Cumulus will conduct the Winter’s Fury Contest (the “Contest”) in the Markets listed above substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
1. Only legal U.S. residents residing in one of the Markets listed above who are age 18 or older with a valid Social Security number and valid U.S. State-issued driver’s license at the time of entry are eligible to participate in this Contest. Employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of Cumulus, participating sponsors, other publications and print advertising companies serving the metro area, and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
3. The Contest will begin on December 1, 2011 and will run through February 13, 2012 (the “Contest Period”).
4. To enter the Contest, listen to the Cumulus radio stations in your Market during the Contest Period for advertisements announcing the retail location(s) within the Market where Winter’s Fury will be available and then visit the retailer to obtain your free copy. Look inside Winter’s Fury for the “Free Fuel” or “Free Groceries” contest page and the Contest Entry Code, then visit www.wintersfury.com and complete an online entry form, including providing your specific Contest Entry Code. Only one (1) entry per person, per email address, per household, per Market; duplicate entries will be disregarded. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. on February 13, 2012. Late, incomplete or illegible entries will be disregarded.
5. OnFebruary 14, 2012, one entrant per Market will be randomly selected by Cumulus from all eligible entries received from that Market as a potential grand prize winner in that Market. One winner for each of the twenty-four (24) participating Markets will be selected for a total of twenty-four (24) winners. If it is determined that any candidate is not eligible to receive the grand prize in a particular Market, in Cumulus’s sole judgment and discretion, another candidate for that Market will be selected from the remaining eligible entries received from that Market for eligibility consultation and this process will continue on until such time as an eligible candidate for the Market is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications, then the prize for that Market will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by and at Cumulus’s sole discretion.
6. One (1) grand prize will be awarded per Market for a total of twenty-four (24) grant prizes. The Columbia, MO Market will award $1,000 in groceries provided by Hy-Vee, Inc. The remaining twenty-three (23) Markets will award $1,000 in gasoline provided by a local gasoline retailer in the Market. Total grand prize package for each winner is valued at $1,000.
7. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize. Cumulus shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
8. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
9. All prizes must be claimed in person at Cumulus at the address identified above during regular business hours and within ten (10) business days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to Cumulus to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
10. Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing Cumulus from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest and acceptance, use, or non-use of the contest prize.
11. Odds of winning depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received.
12. All entrants and winners agree that Cumulus and the contest sponsors shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the acceptance, use, or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
13. All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of Cumulus to be used, disposed of or destroyed in its sole discretion. Cumulus is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to Cumulus’s website.
14. All entrants and winners agree to give Cumulus and its licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, for any reason that Cumulus deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to hold Cumulus harmless from any and all claims they may have against Cumulus in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations. All winners further acknowledge that Cumulus owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to Cumulus.
15. By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from Cumulus regarding Cumulus events and contests. Any participant that opts-out of these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that Cumulus may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
16. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Cumulus personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. Cumulus will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and Cumulus’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond Cumulus’s control, Cumulus reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as Cumulus deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by Cumulus are final. Cumulus may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, Cumulus RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
17. By participating in this Contest, each participant agrees to waive any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury, loss of property or property damage that he or she may sustain as a result of his or her participation in the Contest and/or the use of any prize, and any damages or losses arising from the implementation or carrying out of the Contest or any participant’s failure to win the contest or receive the prize, and to release Cumulus and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with his or her participation in the contest, even though that liability may arise out of an intentional act, omission, negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above